Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Deathwing" Paint-A-Thon on The Independent Characters


I recently joined a few friends in a "paint-a-thon" type event that The Independent Characters 40k Podcast is putting on called the 2014 Hobby Progress Challenge. It began in February and will run through November, with participants completing 2000 points worth of painted 40k minis in two equal portions. The first half is due to be complete by June 30, and must comprise a legal Zone Mortalis army list.

I've begun the challenge on that forum under the user name Daggerburg, but will be mirroring and adding content here on GDK as well!

Of course, this is going to be a great step toward completing the full first company of Angels Ascendant Pridesworn (Deathwing).

Here's my list 1000 Point Zone Mortalis List:

+ HQ +
Belial... 190
Sword of Silence & Storm Bolter

Librarian... 95
Force Weapon, Terminator Armor and Storm Bolter

+ Elites +
Deathwing Knights (5)... 245

+ Troops +
Pridesworn 2nd Battle Squad: Beta Pattern (5)... 245
Sgt w/Power Sword, LC, TH/SS, Assault Cannon

Pridesworn 3rd Battle Squad: Alpha Pattern (5)... 235
Sgt w/Power Sword, TH/SS, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist
Total: 1000 points

+ + +

As I note on the IC forum: since I'm starting a bit late, and am still recovering from my recent wedding and honeymoon, I'm going to go easy on myself and start with a sword and bolter version of Belial. 



As you can see, this version is a bash of Marneus Calgar's body and base with arms and a head from the most recent Deathwing box set. I may add some bits and bobs for flair, but this is the basic idea.

I hope to be back later today or tomorrow with a couple WIPs! I'm torn between a brown cape and hood (my usual theme) or green, so I'm going to base a color mock-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment