Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Orks!!!

Above is a shot of a different technique for my base from all the others. Every other base i have used bird gravel/sand. This one used saw dust. Not to shabby ... but not as textured as i'd of liked.

Here's a rear view of the Ork. I spent no more then 5 minutes total painting this figure.

Again the above is a very quick speed paint job. A few basic colors. I single highlight to the skin. Then a wash over the whole figure. I probably spent just as much time on the base as i did on the painting. Still reasonably table ready.

The above Gretchin was a little more involved. Same basic technique, solid colors with a wash. But i spent more time focusing on where the wash went.

Also, after painting i put a matte varnish on the figure; a spray matte varnish to be specific. I quickly learned that the can should be shaken 3 times as long as indicated, and that humidity affects the spray. It left a ghostly white residue on several of the mini's. I worked diligently to reduce the affect and at arms length you can't really tell. But on the close up photos you can see it.


That said, let me point out that my close up photos are rather mediocre. I have a great camera ... but very poor lighting to give a reasonable representation.

One ork ... One gretchin ... 2 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment