Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Entry 6

It was impossible to know what factor time would play, but with no further clues, I made what haste I could toward the school house. How I was even alive was a mystery to me, but I choked down what I could of the bread and ambled toward the village. Whatever charm kept me alive was unlikely to grant the same fortune to the others.

As I walked I came across a pasture that was strewn with dead livestock. The doomed animals’ bodies were savagely eviscerated, half eaten and charred. The adjacent farmhouse would have appeared empty and harmless if it weren’t for one damning thing. Hanging daintily from a nail near the entrance of the structure, a torn piece of fabric struck me with dread. It was not a certainty, but the fabric’s color was recognizable, and I now had reason to suspect that Dianne had been here. But why? What interest would she have in this slaughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment