Monday, August 9, 2010

GenCon?


So Gencon was this weekend and I know a handful of folks who went and enjoyed. Does anyone have any exciting events to report?

A bit of knowledge for you: GenCon was originated by the famed Gary Gygax who would later become the co-creator of D&D, to promote tabletop wargaming.

Entry 8

They could not have known that the mundane flames would not affect me, and I had every reason to let them believe that I was dead. Once the ropes around my hands and the cloth at my mouth burned away, I created a great cloud of colorful smoke to fill the square – I was capable of no more powerful spell in my condition – and I crept away to confirm Dianne’s fate as they reveled in my supernatural death. I fled to the graveyard.

There were more than a dozen fresh graves here and I continue to bear the guilt for their necessity, but there was only one grave that I cared to consider at the time. This single unmarked grave was set away from the others – in rocky soil, unsuitable for burial and unceremoniously covered. Surely this was Dianne – but I had to know for sure. I began digging even as a chorus of howls struck on the horizon. These were different, however; hinting at more than a single source and bearing a more tangible, if still chillingly immaterial character. I could not help but to notice that they were growing nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment